Monday, December 05, 2005

Monday, December 5, 2005

Sorry this post is late; I really had no idea where the day would go until I got through it.

Here's what we did:

AP Literature: Lecture/discussion on Coleridge's "Rime" and the willing suspension of disbelief. We read through Parts III and IV today; I asked each of you to re-read I through IV to reconnect some the ideas we discussed in class.

Gifted English IV: Hamlet, Act I and reading through Act I, scene iii.

Gifted English II: Author of the Day: Laura Esquivel. We discussed a persuasive essay by Kathleen Parker of The Orlando Sentinel and looked at her rhetorical strategies for articulating a position against the death penalty, and then we had a chance to read TFA and/or a feminist critique of the novel by Rose Mezu, an African scholar.

ANNOUNCEMENT: If you have a chance, go see Every Christmas Story Ever Told. It's hilarious.

'NOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT: If you are available and interested, I will have the tour guide for Art Events discussing my upcoming trips 7 p.m. Thursday night here in my classroom.