Sunday, May 09, 2010

Monday, May 10, 2010

Yes, I've been bad again about posting and updating. It was AP Hell Week for me, and I'm sorry.

So let's get on with it!

NOTE: Starbucks is having half-price frapps through May 16 from 3-5 p.m. I do not work for SBux, nor get any kickbacks for advertising for them, but I know how some of you love your caffeine and felt obligation to pass on the info. And as you know, I live there, so. . .

NOTE NOTE: School is almost over for the year. Can you believe it?

Gifted English II: Author of the Day is Judy Blume; word of the day is "logy," and we have a special outdoor opportunity during first period. Can't say specifically what it is, but it rhymes with "mire will." Or "tire swill." Or "man, it's hot on this practice field in May." After that layer of fun, we will saunter back to 313 for an article on Good Bad Books, and discuss Things Fall Apart with more scrutiny, since it's due Friday. As in the whole book. As in some of you might be in trouble. . .

APees: REMINDER that the Heart of Darkness focus paper, your last for the year, is due at some point in the next two weeks. I truly don't care when, but if I don't start getting papers by the end of this week I will start peppering you with passive-aggressive e-mails that will fill your mailbox and, no doubt, offer you millions of money from far-away princes if you attach an account number. Kidding. I am no scammer. Yet. Also, the Heart of Darkness character chart should come in soon, too. See how nice and flexible (read: apathetic) I am being? Especially in light of APness? Today is AP Physics, and tomorrow is Psych, and Wednesday is Art History, and Thursday is Econ. . .and it goes on and on and on.

Today, though, we are going to finish the first chapter of The Orchid Thief and then change directions entirely by watching two scenes from Apocalypse Now.