Sunday, May 16, 2010

Monday, May 17, 2010

Yes, I have been hideously lax posting here. I am sorry. AP Hell Weeks have taken their toll.

But there is Hope! We are moving toward the end of the quarter and all is well.

Mostly.

Gifted English II: Things Fall Apart Check-Reading Test is Wednesday; you may use your book, but you may NOT use someone else's. Plan ahead.

APees: We are shifting into our Every Other Day Modality. Your Heart of Darkness focus paper is still due ASAP (I'd like a Friday deadline, but I could take it next Monday) AND the character chart. Some of y'all need those grades. Final is next week.

Tomorrow's lessons:

Gifted English II: Author of the Day: Dorothy Parker; Word of the Day: hagiography; Holiday of the Day: National Hypertension Day. After we finish assessing "The Highwayman" and finish the six questions (the only one of which that is really significant is THEME) we are reading an AMAZING poem called "Courage" by Anne Sexton that will change your life. It does make me cry, though. Tomorrow, bring your book and character list.

APees: Visual cultural activity today, as long as you promise to read tomorrow. I like pirates.