Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Monday, October 17, 2005

Welcome to the Second Grading Period!

Advanced Placement Literature: Hamlet, continued. I will be distributing focus paper assignments soon, so keep up the active reading. First period, I will be giving you a critical essay by T.S. Eliot as well.

Gifted English IV: Introduction to the Renaissance, continued. Read the essay in your literature book and finish the handouts I gave you last week. Your vocabulary quiz will be tomorrow for the fourteen Renaissance-specific literary terms. Our focus today will be "A Passionate Shepherd to His Love" by Christopher Marlowe.

Gifted English II: EduSoft Testing. This is a district-wide initiative that shouldn't take more than this period; I will score them after school today using our (expensive) scanner and give you your score tomorrow in class. This is helpful data to guide instruction for the rest of the term, and is one of the two things we have to do preparatory for FCAT. I would rather do this than the TSI from last year, so I'd appreciate your cooperation and help with this.