Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Toga Day for seniors! Come by in the a.m. if you need help tying a toga. . .I have a plethora of safety pins to ameliorate sheet-sag. For all other students, it's Class Color Day, which means I will probably be wearing my random Halloween t-shirt instead of a class color. I don't want to show favoritism.

Advanced Placement Literature and Composition: Yesterday, we began Hamlet, and today we continue with Act I, scene i--Horatio's discourse. We are also going to take a crack at paraphrasing the first of the major soliloquies (my personal favorite) in Act I, scene ii. "Oh, that this too, too sullied flesh could melt, thaw and resolve itself into a dew. . ." Hamlet: moody adolescent, or perpetual pedant? Hmmm.

Gifted English IV: Continue with review materials for Middle Ages Unit Test, including a read-over on page 194 emphasizing the role of women (however limited) in this era. I will also be returning graded and recorded work to you for further review before you test.

Gifted English II: GO TO THE WRITING CENTER. You have a thesis statement due on Friday! Today we take a quick vocabulary quiz and then take one more look at poetry before we launch into the screening of CMC. (Hopefully, it will come in as ordered! Hurry up, amazon.com!)