Monday, October 08, 2007

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I am not here today; I'm not often absent, and I assure you that it's for a good cause. I will be on campus from 6 a.m.-7:15 to help seniors tie their togas in room 313, after which I have an appointment I must keep. Be nice to your substitute--she is a nice lady and is here to help you. I will be back tomorrow.

APees: Mactest is today! 86 multiple-choice, true-false, and matching questions. Astoundingly easy. I have extra pencils in the front of the room for your use should you need them; no talking until EVERY test is submitted. If you finish early, I suggest working on your focus paper.

Gifted English II: Third and final state-sponsored reading day for The Count of Monte-Cristo. For the two students who are already finished, a critical analysis of the novel is available for you to check out during class. It might really help shape your thinking for the inevitable assignment that will emerge from our reading. Have a nice day and I will see you tomorrow!

NOTE: Mrs. Buchanan is covering for me in the Writing Center today, and I will cover for her tomorrow. If you need help with a college application essay or are having an existential crisis, e-mail me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.