Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday, November 29, 2007

I am back at school today, after my longest absence ever. I'd be out today, too, but for residual guilt for being out, so I'm here, but I probably won't be really nice.

The flu is a serious thing, people. Get a flu shot if your health practitioner thinks it's advisable; take vitamins; wash your hands thoroughly. This thing kicked my rear end in a serious way.

Love to all; glad to be back.

NOTE: The Christmas tree is going up, and I encourage everyone to bring something festive to park on the tree. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, or Diwali, or if you're just coming off of the Eid celebration, December is a traditional month for celebration, friendship, and festivity. Bring something weird to stick on our tree! Last year we had forks and band-aids.

APees: R&G Are Dead--Where are we? Mr. Bailey had you reading assiduously, but do we understand what's going on? Discussion and clarification.

Gifted English II: Candide activity; catch-up on makeup work for others out with the flu, too, and lecture/transition into the Tudor Dynasty. In other words--story time! Be prepared to draw a chart.