Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Notes to Self: AP teacher meeting at 8:45 a.m.; senior teacher meeting at 3:30; enter grades.

Sophys: Post-It Note Quiz! Five questions on Othello before we launch into Act IV and see the chaos Iago and his bruised ego (or machination-seeking id) has caused. New content vocab list, too. Warning: Paper coming up!!! Think about Iago, and defending him. If you can.

APees: I'm in a quandary; I would dearly love to give you the creative assignment related to Chapter 19 but I'm not sure how manyof you are there yet (notwithstanding the Chapters 17-22 quiz you are taking on Thursday, but hey. . .) so I might poll the electorate and see what ya'll think. I would love to see what you could come up with, but I fear plot spoilers so we might just go into the close reading of the text from Chapter 18 today and reinforce understanding of Bronte's use of physiognomy. So many choices, so little time!!!

Reminders: JE quiz Thursday; Romanticism project due Friday.

If you are going to Germany with me this spring break, don't forget our pre-trip meeting next Tuesday night, March 3, in my classroom at 7 p.m. And if you are suddenly in the mood to go, let me know ASAP. We have room, but we would need to get your plane ticket immediately. Let me know!