Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Note to sophys: The FCAT Writes! list is posted on the wall at the Media Center and is on my computer via PDF; I would attach the list here but for student privacy laws. See me if you don't know where to test next week. Due to a glitch, I won't be proctoring, but I will be giving all of the proctors restroom breaks, so I may see some of you on testing day. Tips for testing will be posted in this space tomorrow.

Gifted English II: Othello vocabulary list for Act II and discussion of Act I. Some of the questions we need to consider regard Iago's manipulation of Roderigo (who, arguably, deserves to be manipulated) and Othello's sense of authority. Remember that Act I of Shakespearean works are almost always at least a little bit expository--introductory, teaching us characterization elements and plot points that will recur.

AP Lit and Comp: Continue with Keats and "Nightingale."