Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Eve Before School

Dear Students,

Tonight, August 15, 2010, is the Eve Before School for educators in OCPS. While you have another week to relax (or frantically start/finish summer reading, work in the sweltering heat, clean your room, or prep for a new school year) I have a week of meetings, meetings, and more meetings!

I really feel that this is going to be a good year for all of us. OPTIMISM NOW. This is my last year teaching sophomores--I think--and I want to go out with a bang; Project XMas and The Writing Center will both be active and ready for those of you interested in service learning/community service hours; we have tons of cool new things to learn.

This blog is a tool to help you see what we're doing in class each day, and to keep track of Authors of the Day (for sophys) and other Boone-related details. Please check this at least a couple of times per week to stay on top of things, and definitely use it if you are absent. I update at least every other day, and try to post in advance when I can.

Much love to all of you, Boone Braves. 2010-2011 will be amazing.

~Ms. Hilley