Monday, November 28, 2005

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Today is the last day of National Novel Writing Month!!! So far at BHS we have three winners--Sarah Beehner, Sergio, and me. Yay us for writing over 150,000 words in the space of a month. Hopefully more will stagger across the finish line by midnight tonight. . .

Advanced Placement Literature and Composition: Go over William Blake poem from yesterday and further discuss Romanticism.

Gifted English IV: Wrap up final thoughts on Macbeth and transition into Hamlet. I have a neato packet for each of you. This is an enormously difficult play, but it's worth it.

Gifted English II: Revisit the Yeats poem, review grammar, set a timeline for the Candide paper, and look at short piece by William Stafford called "Traveling Through the Dark."

Note: I will be taping for National Boards this week and next week, and I need a permission slip for every student who is on-camera. If you'd rather not be taped (no one is going to really watch it, I swear) then I can send you someplace else during that particular lesson.