Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Friday, August 18, 2006

Happy birthday to me. I'm 35 and officially in the Older Demographic (at least according to my insurance company.) At any rate, I am leaving right after sixth period today to go revel with my friends (yes, teachers do have friends) so I won't be available for any college conversations after school. Go hang out at the Latin Club meeting instead.

AP Literature: Eliot, Eliot, Eliot/assign 2nd focus paper and go over rubric. I love Prufrock. Not the man, the poem. If we have time I'd like to look at "Preludes" as well before we start the transition next week into Sophocles.

Gifted English IV: Review "Tintern Abbey" elements and start to shift into Coleridge. If the democratic vote has been so arranged, last 40 of the period for Frankenstein.

Gifted English II: Author of the Day today is Douglas Adams, and then we have an amazing vocabulary quiz opportunity. Our study of non-fiction is going to culminate today in a timed writing assignment of an expository or persuasive nature--your choice.