Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Friendly reminder of today's poetry reading:

Dandelion Communitea on Thornton for four poems with Covert et moi. We will start around three and end around five; come for some or all of the experience! APees and Friends invited.
(They make a really nice Moroccan Mint Tea there. . .I can't get over how amazing that tea is. . .)

Today my classroom is CLOSED for A lunch. I have a meeting with admin and cannot have unsupervised peeps in my classroom. Back open as usual on Friday!

AP Lit: We were going to review the timed writings with my comments today, but an incident after school ended up taking a disproportionate amount of my time and so we have an option that first period will democratically determine for the rest of the crew. We can peer review OR hold off until I can read more exhaustively through all of them. I do have stats to share with you regarding approaches to the prompt that we should discuss. We also need to go over the ORex paper's expectations today, and make the transition into the Macplay. It will change your life.

Gifted English II: Author of the Day Quiz today, immediately followed by a discussion of the Antigone testing process. You have a take-home essay test that will be submitted through www.turnitin.com AND an objective test. We are also reviewing terms 81-100 in our literary terms list today. Bring your hw with you!