Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wednesday, September 12, 2007


NOTE: Our third special Fire Drill today! Second period! A chance to mingle outside with our peers! Yay!





APees: You have a focus paper due TODAY--hard copy version in my hand by 3 p.m. and electronic copy via www.turnitin.com OR hilleyj@ocps.net by 11:59 p.m. tonight. I will be in a department meeting after school today in room 315, but my room will be unlocked and you can leave the paper on my desk with my secretary (kidding--she's nine and will be playing) OR you can quietly wander in and slip it to me during the meeting. I don't like meetings much, so I'll welcome the distraction. Also kidding. This is the coffee speaking.

As for class today--we are in Guidance being Guided. When you are finished, come back to the lobby for casual enlightenment. We might not have time for actual learning, but if we do--if we do, oh please--there is a snazzy poem called "On the Way to Delphi" that needs our attention.

Gifted English II: Our first reading day for Count of Monte Cristo! Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT Gifted Nap Day, or Gifted Giggle Day, or anything non-academic. You are to find a comfortable spot and READ, after which you will submit a reading slip to indicate your progress with the novel thus far. Extra copies will be on the front table.