Sunday, May 03, 2009

AP Update

1. Many, many thanks to Robin B. for trying to pick up our AP Lit t-shirts on Friday, and to Dani M. for getting them after school when they were finally ready! I will be distributing tomorrow--if you have the AP Gov exam, I will try to get over there to the church to distribute them, but you might have to swing by school if you are desperate for them tomorrow.

2. Mrs. Pearson has no problem with you wearing the shirts during the AP test, but I have to double-check with admin. The shirts have NO literary information--not even a quote--so they should be fine, but I will ascertain tomorrow if they are wearable or not.

3. I am still assessing AP Practice exams. There have been academic honesty issues--again. Many, many of you took the noble path, but some of you seemed to have gathered information online. Turnitin is all-knowing, people. IT IS VITALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO YOUR OWN WORK. At some point, you are going to get caught--and it will have irrevocable repercussions. Many thanks to those of you who did your own work; for the few errant types, you know who you are, but more importantly, so do I.

4. On a happier note: Don't forget breakfast Thursday! I will have doughnuts and OJ in room 313 at 6:45 a.m. in my classroom for all interested parties. BYOC--Bring Your Own Coffee. I am not interested in transporting hot, potentially lawsuit-inducing liquids.

AP EXAM IS IN FOUR DAYS!!!!!!!! It's like Christmas Eve Excitement!