Sunday, May 10, 2009

Monday, May 11, 2009

Good luck to AP Music Theory and AP Physics test-takers today! (Particularly the two of you who have to take BOTH. That is just intense. I took two exams on one day, back in the 1980's, and I'm not entirely sure I've yet recovered from that experience.) Pace yourself and be well!

Gifted English II: Finish "The Rocking-Horse Winner" and address the issues raised by the story. HW: Finish your commentary rough draft and answer the questions at the end of "Rocking-Horse."

AP Lit: 50 Things Every 18-Year-Old Should Know (Part I of my Real Life Management Mini-curriculum, and culled from a variety of sources; this can be filed under Trash or Treasure) and then a resumption of Friday's cross-curricular activity with the NEW DVD PLAYER I ACQUIRED THIS WEEKEND! No more borrowing from the Media Center! (Actually, this isn't really a problem, since I can count on one hand how many movies I've shown this year, but I prefer to have my own materials anyway. Simplifies things.) If you were absent Friday, please complete the journal entry on the board for 30 points; we will be going over the green sheets tomorrow in class.