Sunday, February 07, 2010

Monday, February 8, 2010

Our word of the day is lugubrious, which means sad or lachrymose.

Our holiday today is Boy Scout Awards Day and Laugh and Get Rich Day, whatever that last one means. I wouldn't mind celebrating that one repeatedly!

Gifted English II: I only have one student remaining who needs to take the JC Unit test, but SEVERAL students did not do their memorizations on Friday, and not due to lack of time, either. I am beyond annoyed and late penalties will be assessed--it's not fair to the students who did it on time, and with tremendous skill, too. See me to schedule a time NOT DURING CLASS. In class today, we are going over the testing locations for tomorrow's FCAT Writes and beginning Othello, Act I.

AP Lit and Comp: Frankenstein Unit Test and review of Frankenstein Reading Journals, due FRIDAY. I had said they were due on the tenth, but that's when I thought the tenth was Friday. Serves me right for guessing dates. Please bring your lit book with you to class tomorrow so we can analyze Shelley's "West Wind."