Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Today is my half-birthday; not that I celebrate it or anything, but I am keenly aware that in a year and a half I will be forty years old. FORTY. I know people say that forty is the new twenty or whatever, and I know I don't look my age (between the generalized immaturity and the sole benefit of being fat--non-wrinkling, I am perpetually 27 or so) but dang. 40. Makes one think. I need to write that novel like NOW.

::self-pitying rant over::

Let's check out the curriculum!!!

Word of the Day: amalgam
Today's Holiday: Battery Day, Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (sounds sexist but is actually encouraging) and Chocolate Mint Day.

Gifted English II: Final Lupercal meeting; Othello again. Awesome!

APees: Shelley focus paper assignment (oh, don't act surprised) and Keats again--this time, "Nightingale." Romanticism creative project is due by March 2, 2010.