Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

APees: If you need to make up the Frankenstein test, I really need to give it to you after school today during the English Department meeting. I will be in 315 for about 14 minutes (if the meeting goes as scheduled--fingers crossed!) and I will have you in the adjacent office/313 testing. Bring a pen or pencil and your brain. The make-up test is challenging.

Gifted English II: Today we need to solidify groups for the Lupercal project, which I think we should move to next Friday to give you time to plan. I'll let you generate a planning session and clarify the expectations for the project. Good times! If we have time after that, I'd like to go over the Julius Caesar focus paper assignment, too, which is due February 12, 2010 AND needs to go on www.turnitin.com. Tomorrow is the last chance to generate an account on this service, so see me if you have problems. Now that the first part of the FCAT is over we can start moving forward more purposefully to AP Language preparation.

APees: "Ode to the West Wind" by Shelley and TP-CASTT analysis. Our next poet is Keats, so you WILL need your lit books pretty much each day from now until further notice. Reminder: Frankenjournals are due Friday, and NEED TO BE TYPED. I am still vacillating on whether or not they need to be uploaded to www.turnitin.com considering the personal nature of the assignment, but this is the assignment last year that yielded the most plagiarism. I am at a moral crossroads and think I will err on the side of caution. Love to all, though; love to all.

Remember: THREE DAY WEEKEND COMING UP!!!!!!!!!