Monday, October 11, 2010

Wednesday, October 13 2010

Today is the PSAT at Boone High School and I will be administering it to ninth graders in room 313. Your room assignment is posted on Guidance's walls and the Media Center's walls. Please do not disturb my class while I am testing--if you are an upperclassperson who forgot something, please leave the testers alone.

In the event that you are a parent of a senior checking this, Dr. McMillen is encouraging the seniors to investigate colleges/finish their applications today. You will need to get a prearranged absence form OR bring a signed note upon your return, seniors, to make this an excused absence. To be clear--I am not encouraging, nor is my administration encouraging, skipping school. However, since on the adjusted bell schedule that was just published it seems that all non-testing students will be held in first period all morning, then go to fifth period for a half-hour, it would not be in your student's best interests to attend that day when s/he needs to finish the college apps. ESPECIALLY since half of my seniors do not even have a first period. You can find clarification of this in last week's Reservation Report.