Sunday, November 09, 2008

Monday, November 10, 2008

Project X-Mas students:  We need to deliver more jars to new classrooms and offices this morning, so please try to be in my classroom a little before nine a.m. so we can accomplish this important work.

Also--today is the second Senior Blood Drive.  I think it is vitally important to donate blood, but please try to schedule your appointment to not conflict with your AP classes.  

Gifted English II:  After Author of the Day, we are going to finish "The Lowest Animal" by Mark Twain in the textbook, after which we are going to answer some questions related to the satire inherent to the essay and address A) characterization issues in Candide, and specific things to look for, B) introduction of themes in a satirical film that we are going to be evaluating (read:  written analysis!) and C) returning a pile of graded work, including the CMC essays that a handful of you may wish to re-submit.  I am almost completely out from under the pile of paperwork that landed on me when my family needed the majority of my attention, and I need to schedule some make-up work with some of you.

APees:  We are going to go over the four passages from last week's multiple choice test, and look at specific strategies for addressing some of these questions.  Afterwards, I'll return the Hamlet Act II and Act III quizzes and begin discussing elements of Act IV.  If you were absent on Friday you need to pick up the next focus paper assignment ASAP.