Monday, August 31, 2009

College Application and Essay Assistance

Dear Seniors:

A few of you have sought help with your admissions essays and I am glad to help. A few requests:

1. E-mail me a copy as a Word attachment or imbedded in your e-mail body; leaving a hard copy on my desk means it will be devoured by my desk. Don't let the deceptively clean surface fool you; my desk is carnivorous and eats essays.

2. If you need a rec letter, and I have taught you before, either give me a copy of your resume or that form Guidance has you fill out so that I can fill your rec letter with pithy, insightful details about your time at BHS. My letters tend to read like Faulkner novels, and I will be happy to keep a copy on file for a calendar year so that you can re-use it for other purposes.

3. I do have a handy little form if you can't do the resume/Guidance thing--see me.

4. Please try to give me 48 hours to look at your essay or generate a rec letter. I am not a machine! I am just one woman! Who needs to shop! And LIVE!

Thanks, all.