Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Visions and Revisions

Dear Students,

As you've already gathered, the schedule for this week had to be amended due to disastrous issues with the SMS scheduling system. Many of you are still waiting for schedule adjustments; many of you in my first period are still waiting for a chair. Optimism now, my friends--we will overcome these obstacles!

New Schedule for Tomorrow:

Sophys: I will review the first twenty vocabulary terms with you; even if you plan to leave this class after this week, you will need these words in your later iterations as a student and I will forward your quiz grade to your new instructor. Our Author of the Day tomorrow will be Gabriel Garcia Marquez, the Nobel Prize-winning author from Colombia. AND we will go over requirements for the paper and test for those of you staying in Gifted English II.

APees: Madame Bovary, Awakening, and Gatsby test. Bring a pencil. I anticipate that this test will take all period; if you finish early, work on your focus paper. Focus paper ideas in a following post.

Please be patient; this is an unprecedented shift to a new program for our student services staff, and believe me, they are trying to ameliorate the woe. We will just have to adjust our expectations a little bit, but I promise you that I will educate each and every one of you to the best of my ability while we are together.