Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The schedule change joys march on. My classes are over-full, and still the children march in. Oy.

But the week is drawing to a close!

And now for some curriculum:

Gifted English II: Author of the Day is Gabriel Garcia Marquez, the Nobel Prize-winning author of Cien Anos de Soledad, my all-time favorite novel. Afterwards, we review the first 20 literary terms. If you did not get a handout regarding the first paper (rough draft due Friday for peer review) then see me.

APees: Summer Reading Check Test, 55 multiple choice questions of goodness and light. Bring a pencil.

Reminder to all students: You have until Friday to establish an account at www.turnitin.com. The account numbers and passwords are on my board, and if you have difficulty generating the account see me ASAP and I will do it for you.