Friday, August 21, 2009

schedules

Apparently some of the schedules are a bit off. If you think that you are supposed to be in a specific class and aren't, see an administrator pronto to get a number. I think their plan is efficient, and hopefully all schedules will be resolved by mid-week.

That said: There are two of us who teach AP Lit. If you are in the Magnet, you will most likely have Mrs. Covert. If you are identified as Gifted, you will most likely have me. Other than that, she and I cannot request students, not intervene if you feel that you would prefer to be in the other class. She is brilliant. I'd like to think I'm not too shabby, either, but I had several kids approach me recently about how they'd rather be in my class for whatever reason of perception. Please understand two things: A) You signed up for a course, not a teacher, and B) She is terrific and you will learn a great deal under her tutelage. And we have no power at all over schedules.

Sorry if this sounds ranty, but it's been a long, busy week, and I just want to get in there next week and TEACH. Excitement!

Love to all.