Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Today is the PSAT at Boone, and the schedule is going to be very altered from the norm.

I will be in my classroom my 6:30 to tie togas for seniors; at 7:00 I have to go pick up my testing materials for the freshmen and juniors who will be participating in 313. I will tie more togas during fourth period, whenever that is, and hopefully my afternoon classes will have some time left in them after the adjusted bell schedule. We are supposed to finish PSAT by 10:30 in the morning, but I highly doubt that will happen based on past experience. Thus:

1. If you have no first or second period, plan to arrive at school after 10:30.
2. If you have AP Calc or AP Physics first period, prepare to be frozen in that class for a long, long time. Yay math! I think it sounds fun.
3. DO NOT COME TO MY CLASSROOM unless you are on the testing list. This test determines National Merit and I don't want any interference.

After the test is over, normality re-asserts itself (we think) and the bell schedule starts up again with fourth. Both lunch shifts will be "normal" and then we will have truncated fifth, sixth, and seventh periods. Since I distributed "Preludes" by T.S. Eliot yesterday after the Mactest, we will most likely analyze this in the few minutes we have together before we launch into New Things. Sophys: I won't see you at all. BE GOOD.

After school, I have a Mandatory Fun Department Meeting in room 315 but then will be available for further assistance re: college essays. See me if you are interested.

Good luck to all! Eat a good breakfast and get a good night's sleep!!!!