Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thank goodness that we still have short Wednesdays--hope exists for all of us to get out of the parking lots before rush hour commences. Be careful of deleterious weather conditions in the a.m.!
The Writing Center is still not open, and I have no details on how it will be run yet. I will post as soon as we can reach consensus on time, location, and personnel.

Gifted II: Distribute Academic Codes of Conduct and review dress code for 2008-2009. Author of the Day: Raymond Carver. In-class lesson: First 20 literary terms and their definitions. Homework for tonight: Thought questions on The Stranger by Camus. Neatly handwritten is fine, but word-processed responses will be appreciated. Just sayin'.

APees: Review suggestions for focus paper #1 and trouble-shoot www.turnitin.com. 17 of you have already signed up for accounts, so thank you for being so proactive! Academic vocabulary and review of definitions you need for the year; first quiz on The Awakening will be tomorrow in class.

College Applications: I will be available before school on Tuesdays and Fridays to help students with college apps or to process recommendation requests. If you can't arrive early (I'll be there at least an hour before classes start) and you have a free period during third, pop by 313 and I'll see if I can help you. You can also chat me up quickly between classes, but I will NOT be staying after school this year due to the adjusted bell schedule. I can also book specific times by request. Don't forget that we're going to see Mrs. Cadman in College and Career on Friday! Go ahead and ask three adults who love you (but are not related to you) to draft rec letters on your behalf!