Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yes, it looks like we've missed a day here, but honestly, what would be the point of listing assignments for a day in which all of my beloved sophys spent the whole morning taking PSAT, and then my equally-beloved APees had 20-minute long class sessions? At least I got to read my pop-up book of Coleridge to the seniors. That was fun.

On to Thursday!

Sophys: Brief deconstruction of the PSAT experience, followed by Author of the Day presentations from Josh, Morgan, and the regularly scheduled peeps for today. We need to finish reviewing Antigone and deciding what to do about the Antigone test--today or tomorrow? It's super-short (33 little questions) but we need to do it. Reminder of CMC peer edit experience tomorrow.

HOMEWORK FOR TENTH GRADE: Count of Monte Cristo Rough Draft. NOTE TO TENTH GRADE: I still need to schedule some make-up work for a handful of you. See me ASAP, please. Kthnxbye. (See? I can speak AOL.)

APees: Cartoon Day, in one view; Introduction to Hamlet Day, in another. There will be some bad art, some Lion King analogies, and a lot of lecture. Please come prepared to NOT interrupt me for once. I love you guys--especially some of you gregarious types--but please lay off the espresso. For serious. Notes on Hamlet to follow in an upcoming post.



HOMEWORK FOR APees: Act I, scene i--read, understood, analyzed. It's short so make it so. NOTE TO APees: Several of you are missing work due to absences. Please see me ASAP to schedule the love. Grades are due next Friday for this quarter, people, after which NO work will be accepted nor resubmissions evaluated.