Friday, October 24, 2008

to all and sundry

This is going to sound a whole lot more emo and whiney than even I'm accustomed to being, but here it is: My father was rushed to the emergency room last night at 8:45 p.m., and just now (2:58 a.m.) got into a room in the Progressive Care Unit at Florida Altamonte. He liked the ambulance ride, but he didn't like the congestive heart failure that gave it to him. Needless to say, I'm with my family and won't be at school Friday, October 24 and possibly the following Monday as well.

I am sorry you don't get a puppet show today, which I had long looked forward to presenting. And I'm sorry that I can't see you all hyped up for Homecoming, but sometimes life gets in the way. I really hope you understand and I will find another time to do it for you.

Here is the lesson plan I'm leaving for the sub:

Gifted English II: Begin the writing assignment on the last page of your Icarus packet. We will be segueing into satire next week.

AP Lit: Please continue working on the Hamlet Act II questions; you may collaborate. I will lecture and explain when I return.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. My dad is very sick and I need to be with him.