Monday, October 20, 2008

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hello! I hope everyone had a good day yesterday.

Today is Senior Citizens Day for Homecoming Week, and I am looking forward to your costumes. Please be gentle to those of us who are chronologically enhanced, or, at least, those of us who are angstily hurtling towards forty. Just wait--it will happen to you, too.

Sophys: Today is Classic Rock Day in Giftedland. We are going to read some amazing poems inspired by the Icarian myth we read yesterday and then listen to a 1970's tune likewise inspired by that same myth: "Carry On, Wayward Son" by Kansas. Please bring your air guitar.

APees: I asked you yesterday in class to read Act I, scene iii, and today we're going to start our discussion by looking at the kinds of advice Polonius offers his son, and the value therein. Hopefully, we can finish Act I today so we can proceed to the Act I Quiz and related activities tomorrow.