Monday, October 27, 2008

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The weather is finally becoming autumnal here in Central Florida, and you might even need to bundle up a bit tomorrow--it's supposed to be as low as 48 degrees tomorrow morning.

I know this fun fact, along with others (Daylight Savings Time ends next Saturday night, various news stories, the future of the Rays, and other bits of popular-culture-trivia) since I spent all day today at Florida Hospital South in various waiting rooms watching a lot of television in between doctor updates. I hated having to be out today, but family first, and I needed more to be with my dad than with all of you. The medical news on the dad front isn't great, but he's holding steady for now and I can only hope for the best. I also hope you had a great day, and I hope that the senior assembly was rewarding and meaningful!

I do plan to be there tomorrow, barring any other emergencies, and we have a great day planned:

Sophys: More Poe, more vocabulary, and a smooth transition from one unit to the next. Some of those terms are tricky (auto-da-fe) but all can enhance your already considerable diction. And I have a cool, ready-to-be-colored biography of Mr. Poe drawn by a terrific cartoonist.

APees: Act II, demystified--what is an antic disposition, and why should we care? And should we be, or not-be? Existential woe at its most poetic, courtesy of our friend Billy Shakespeare.