Monday, September 28, 2009

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I am not here today; please be kind to your substitute. I have to tend to some family matters today but I do plan to return tomorrow.

Gifted English II: Author of the Day is William Wordsworth; copy the notes off the board and I will fill in with anecdotes tomorrow. When you are finished, the substitute will distribute the Author of the Day quiz and you may use your notebook to answer the questions. Once that is complete, I expect each of you to work on your Antigone questions THROUGH Scene Five. These will be due one day after we complete the play--perhaps as early as Friday. Also, please work on your vocabulary list from 101-120.

NOTE TO SOPHYS: Reading Day for Count of Monte Cristo has to be rescheduled for Thursday due to FCAT Writes! practice tomorrow. I apologize for any inconvenience, but the FCAT cannot be denied. We have a prompt given to us from the district that we have to use. Please help me in this regard: ultimately, it will help you. You want to graduate! You don't want to remediate as a junior or senior! You want success! Yeah, you do!!! And I promise that reading day on Thursday will epitomize magnificence.

APees: MacQuiz, Act III--admire the awesome clip art. This is very much a Who/What/When/Where kind of quiz, so if you read as I asked you to you should be sound as a pound. When you are finished, you may work on defining the MacContent Vocabulary for your personal edification, or you may work through the MacQuestions, or if you annoy the substitute, you will find yourself on the business end of a MacTimed Writing. (BTW--I never get tired of using "Mac" as a prefix. It MacRocks. So there. Or MacThere.)

PLEASE be good. I am not nice when I am disappointed by student behavior, but you are such super-nice young people that I anticipate a good report upon my return.