Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sorry about the delay in posting--I was reading a book on efficiency and lost track of the time. I was so wrapped up in learning how to be efficient and not procrastinate that I procrastinated on updating my assignment blog. Since the sophomores are learning all about irony this week, this little blip on the radar is strangely appropriate, but I'm still embarrassed to be so off-schedule. A thousand apologies. Well, that and I've been grading myself stupid with focus papers, make-up tests, and multiple choice practice sessions.

On to the lessons for tomorrow!!!

Sophys: Our Author of the Day resumes tomorrow with the incredible Toni Morrison, one of my favorite writers. Afterwards, we will go over the expectations for the final copy of the Stranger paper which is due Friday for many of you--and to that end, I have a neato handout to give you called Guidelines for Solid Writing. After we go over this, I'd like to go over some of this week's vocabulary words--#21-40 on your literary terms list, and assign AWESOME homework that I meant to assign yesterday.

APees: Yesterday, I watched in amazement as some of you twitched in fear as you took your first multiple choice practice session. Never fear! I will give you back your scantrons so you can monitor your scores, and then we will go over the two prose passages. One of the passages is reprinted for you to annotate as we go. It should be a fun time for everyone!