Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I will not be on campus today, but I will be back by the end of seventh for my club meeting. Please come if you would like to A) help out with Project X-Mas next week, and/or B) join the newly reformulated Information Society. We need to design a t-shirt, select officer titles, and fill out membership forms. Short meeting, but deeply insightful.

During the day, I will be collaborating with Mrs. Covert on AP curriculum for College Board. We are required to do this once per year; I will, however, miss you. So be good for your substitute! I will check e-mail at least twice during the day, so those of you with pending recommendations on Common App websites can reach me if need be. (If you don't know what that message means, it doesn't apply to you, so please don't e-mail me any more knock-knock jokes just to be cute unless you want to end up on the List of Woe.)

Gifted English II: Continuing the satire unit today with the awesome Mark Twain. In the green textbook, please read "The Lowest Animal" and select ANY five questions at the conclusion to address. This essay, while humorous, deftly pokes fun of human foibles and cruelties, and is typically sardonic and representative of Twain's voice. Enjoy!

APeeps: After you take the Hamlet Act III quiz, work on your focus paper with the peer-edit handout the substitute will give you. Consider this a writing center consultation, even if you haven't settled on a topic yet--almost like a pre-edit. This paper is due next Thursday.