Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thursday, November 19, 2009

If you are going with me to Paris this Thanksgiving break, please pop by after school for five minutes to compare notes on iPod chargers and other travel accessories. Oh, and to convince me that I do NOT need a Louis Vuitton Speedy 30 cm bag. Like I have 700 dollars hanging around. And if I did, I could get a lot of copies of Jane Eyre for that amount of money, and y'all know how much I like the Bronte thing.

Gifted English II: Satire, satire, satire, and prep for a vocabulary quiz. Good times! How's Candide coming along? Let's talk! I am going to give you the next essay assignment today, too. Just when you thought you couldn't have any more fun. . .

APeeps: Hamlet, Act V. I have the skull prop ready to go. First, though, we need to see Ophelia's mad sequence (which I am posting here momentarily) and take the second quiz on Act IV. Yesterday was more of a reaction prompt; today is specific. SPECIFIC. And focus papers are due on www.turnitin.com by midnight tonight (or e-mailed to me in the event of technical difficulty) and the hard copy is due today, although I will accept them through tomorrow afternoon. I am grading them in Paris.